Top 10 Reasons Why I Love the Interiorscaping Business
Sometimes it’s healthy to step back from the daily grind and get some perspective. We know all too well that there are challenges associated with our businesses. This is true in all industries, geographic areas, and service segments. There’s no avoiding the challenges.
But, what about the positive aspects of our business? When do we ever take time to reflect and appreciate the good stuff? This article showcases ten aspects that stand out to me. Feel free to add your own top ten list – for a total of 20 reasons why the interior plant business is such a great business to be in!
- Improving air quality – I love the fact that we improve the air quality inside enclosed spaces for the benefit of tenants, visitors, and the population in general. Air quality is a real issue, especially in large metropolitan areas where much of our work takes place. The fact that we are making a real difference feels very good.
- Developing personal relationships – I love how we are able to develop deep, personal relationships with our clients, tenants, employees, and in the community at large. In office situations, we are able to interact with individuals in a personal way that is unique to our industry.
- Softening hard spaces – I love how interior plants soften spaces that are hard by design. As magnificent as many of the interior spaces that we work in are, it is the living plants that offset the hard angles and materials of modern construction.
- Adding beauty – I love how interior plants add beauty to any space. Whether strictly foliage plants or flowering plants, the ever-changing glory of a living plant brings unparalleled natural beauty.
- Improving mental health – I love the fact that people’s mental health is enhanced by plants in their workspaces. Our lives are immensely complicated and worrisome. Living, breathing plants have a calming, inspirational affect.
- Improving the economy – I love how we benefit the local, regional, and national economy, as a part of a much larger economic ecosystem surrounding the real estate and property management sectors.
- Creating skilled jobs – I love the fact that we create jobs – not just any jobs but skilled jobs. Just think of all the skills required to be successful in this business!
- Providing for families – I love how families benefit from our industry, as business owners create wealth for future generations and all those employed put food on the table every day.
- Enhancing the holidays – I love how Christmas, Hanukkah, and other holidays are significantly enhanced by the majestic displays of plants and lights. Of course, I love the cash flow this generates as well!
- Promoting horticulture – I love that we are promoting education and field experience in the field of horticulture for the benefit of our children, grandchildren, and all future generations.
Stop, take a deep breath, and soak in all that there is to love about the interiorscaping business!
Now go forth.
Featured image by Sonny Abesamis
You May Also Like